Prepare for an in-demand healthcare career! Potential funding with eligibility.
You will learn the varying risk adjustment models and the effects of predictive modeling and quality of care that will help you understand the impact on risk adjustment models driven by quality of care and predictive modeling. You will be able to identify common errors in diagnosis coding and determine documentation barriers encountered when coding for risk adjustment. Finally, you will utilize practical diagnosis coding skills as you complete hands-on cases throughout the course!
This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the CRC Certifying Exam upon eligibility. After completing the course, you can set up your own exam dates and times at a nearby testing center!
Cost: Funding is available for low-income workers and for the unemployed through Arizona@Work
Modality: Online, self-paced; 160 course hours
What You Will Learn
- Learn and define different models of risk adjustment (HCC, CDPS, HHS-ACA, Hybrid)
- Understand predictive modeling and its impact on risk adjustment
- Survey the impact of risk adjustment on the financial well-being of an organization
- Learn and apply official coding guidelines
- Identify documentation deficiencies for diagnosis coding
- Understand the most common conditions in risk adjustment and how to properly code in ICD-10-CM