Begin Your IT or Cybersecurity Career
Looking to begin your career in the technology or cybersecurity industry?We're no longer offering our Computer Support Technician Job Training in a virtual format, but good news! We now offer an online CompTIA Certification Training that includes CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ conveniently bundled into one course!
Cost: FREE for low-income workers and those who are unemployed who meet eligibility requirements Note: Must be a Maricopa County resident
Duration: 480 course hours
Modality: Online - self-paced, which means you can complete as quickly as you'd like!
What You'll Learn
- Learn the fundamentals of IT
- Discover how to build and manage a data network
- Understand how to troubleshoot networking issues
- Learn about routing and switching, risk assessment, and data recovery
- Practice concepts that will enable you to prepare for CompTIA™ A+, Security+ and Network+ certifications
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be prepared to sit for the following exams: CompTIA A+ Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002, CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-007, and CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-601. Exam vouchers are included in the cost of the program.
Income & Job Outlook
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for computer user support specialists was $54,760 in 2019.
Employment of computer support specialists is projected to grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. More support services will be needed as organizations upgrade their computer equipment and software and adopt more effective cybersecurity procedures.
- Basic knowledge of computing concepts, including the difference between hardware and software.
- Basic knowledge of the functions of software components, such as the operating system, applications, and file systems; and the function of a computer network.
- Browse and search for information on the Internet; start up, shut down, and log on to a computer and network; run programs.
- A good understanding of a Windows operating system, or equivalent skills and knowledge, is highly recommended.