Senior Living Management Certificate Scholarship Opportunities
Rio Salado College and the Arizona Assisted Living Federation of America (Arizona ALFA) are excited to offer scholarship opportunities to help assisted living employees advance their career in the senior living industry, accelerating their path to director- and executive-level positions. Quick and convenient, Rio's unique, fully-online Senior Living Management certificate program offers classes starting nearly every Monday.
There are two scholarship opportunities available to prospective students, offered by Rio Salado College and Arizona ALFA. The promotional scholarship from Rio Salado College will be awarded to one assisted living employee to cover the cost of tuition, books, and fees for the 19-credit Senior Living Management Certificate. The $2,000 scholarship from Arizona ALFA will cover the cost of tuition and fees for this program plus most or all of the books for the program, depending on whether the student chooses to rent or purchase textbooks.
- SLM110 - Introduction to Senior Living Management
- SLM112 - Adult Development and Aging for Senior Living Facilities
- SLM113 - Resident Care and Management in Senior Living Facilities
- SLM114 - Organizational Management in Senior Living Facilities
- SLM115 - Managing Information and Communication Technologies in Senior Living Facilities
- SLM116 - Human Resource Management in Senior Living Facilities
- SLM117 - Financial Management and Marketing Practices in Senior Living Facilities
- SLM118 - Environmental Services of Senior Living Facilities
- Employed with an Arizona ALFA assisted living facility for at least 6 months, and remain employed with that same company throughout the duration of the certificate.
- Maintain a C or better average throughout the duration of the certificate program.
- Able to meet the minimum of 8-15 hours per week time commitment required to complete the certificate.
- Able to complete the 19-credit program in one year.
- Employee must be eligible for in-state tuition.
- Employee must be nominated by a supervisor for the scholarship.
- An additional requirement for receiving a Maricopa Community College (Publicly Funded) District scholarship is that you must show Lawful Presence. Please click on the link to find out about additional information about Lawful Presence.
- After nomination, the employee will be contacted and asked to submit a 1-page essay outlining their commitment to the program. This essay will be used in the selection process.
Nominate one of your star employees for this scholarship opportunity today!
Scholarship nomination deadline is April 15, 2019. Winners will be announced at the Arizona ALFA Conference in May 2019.