Quickly skill up to lead in business today! Potential funding with eligibility.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is here to help you enroll in Business, Entrepreneurialism, and Management programs that will quickly prepare you for the jobs that are in demand today. We work in collaboration with Maricopa County and the City of Phoenix to determine WIOA eligibility for assistance with funding and help you start your preferred career path.
Programs and majors in this pathway lead to careers in accounting, management, sales, marketing, human resources, owning and operating a small business, customer service, and more.
What is WIOA?
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is designed to strengthen and improve our nation's public workforce system and help get Americans, including youth and those with significant barriers to employment, into high-quality jobs and careers and help employers hire and retain skilled workers. As part of this program, eligible individuals can enroll in certain training programs, including those listed below, at no cost.
In order to receive funding for our career training programs through WIOA, there are certain eligibility requirements that you must meet. ARIZONA@WORK will help determine if you meet all of the requirements, but a few of the most important ones are listed below:
- Participant must be 18 years or older
- Participant must be eligible to work in the United States
- Participants must meet income eligibility requirements or must be unemployed, dislocated, or furloughed from work
Approved Business, Entrepreneurialism, and Management Programs
Participating college locations are abbreviated next to their respective programs and are offered in various modalities, including in-person, virtual/online, and hybrid.
Program Format Key: In-Person P, Virtual/Online V, Hybrid H
- Accounting [PC] P V
- Enrolled Agent [PVCC] P
- Entrepreneurial Studies Level I [RSC] V
- Fashion Merchandising [PC] P
- General Business [PC] V P
- Human Resources Management [PC] V P
- Management [PC] V P
- Risk Management and Insurance [RSC] V
- Small Business Management Level 1 [RSC] V
- Social Media Marketing [CGCC] V
- Social Media Marketing [SCC] V
- Social Media Marketing [SMCC] P V H