Quickly gain computer and IT skills! Potential funding with eligibility.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is here to help you enroll in Computer and Information Technology programs that will quickly prepare you for the jobs that are in demand today. We work in collaboration with Maricopa County and the City of Phoenix to determine WIOA eligibility for assistance with funding and help you start your preferred career path.
What is WIOA?
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is designed to strengthen and improve our nation's public workforce system and help get Americans, including youth and those with significant barriers to employment, into high-quality jobs and careers and help employers hire and retain skilled workers. As part of this program, eligible individuals can enroll in certain training programs, including those listed below, at no cost.
In order to receive funding for our career training programs through WIOA, there are certain eligibility requirements that you must meet. ARIZONA@WORK will help determine if you meet all of the requirements, but a few of the most important ones are listed below:
- Participant must be 18 years or older
- Participant must be eligible to work in the United States
- Participants must meet income eligibility requirements or must be unemployed, dislocated, or furloughed from work
Approved Computer and Information Technology Programs
Participating college locations are abbreviated next to their respective programs and are offered in various modalities, including in-person, virtual/online, and hybrid.
Program Format Key: In-Person P, Virtual/Online V, Hybrid H
- AWS System Operations Certification [MCOR] V
- Back End Software Developer [GWCC] H V
- Cisco Network Administration: CCNA [CGCC] V
- Cisco Network Administration: CCNA [EMCC] P
- Cisco Network Administration: CCNA [MCC] V
- Cisco Network Administration: CCNA [PVCC] P
- Cisco Network Administration and Security [GCC] P
- CompTIA A+, N+, and S+ [MCOR] V
- CompTIA Security+ [GWCC] V
- CompTIA Security+ [MCOR] V
- Computer Support Specialist (CompTIA A+, N+) [MCOR] V
- Computer Systems Configuration & Support [MCC] V
- Computer Systems Configuration & Support [PC] P
- Computer Systems Configuration & Support [SCC] P
- Linux Associate [EMCC] P
- Linux Associate [PC] V P
- Linux System Administrator [EMCC] P
- Linux System Administrator [PVCC] P
- Microsoft Desktop Associate [PC] V P
- Mobile App Development [SMCC] P V
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator [CGCC] V
- Tech Support Specialist Apprenticeship [GWCC] P
- Web Application Development [SMCC] P V H
- Windows App Development [SMCC] P V