Begin your career in IT or Cybersecurity in as little as 10 weeks!
Looking to begin your career in the technology and cybersecurity industry? Sign up for our Computer Support Tech Job Training and provide help and advice to people and organizations using computer software or equipment. Program includes a guaranteed job interview upon successful completion!
Cost: FREE for low-income workers, those who are unemployed, and parents who meet eligibility requirements Note: Must be a Maricopa County resident
Duration: 10 weeks (140 hours - 4 partial days per week) or 20 weeks (140 hours - 2 partial days per week)
Modality: Virtual classroom with live instructor
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have transitioned this course to a virtual format until further notice! We are committed to providing the same quality training in an environment that maintains the safety and health of our participants.
What to Know About Our Virtual Classroom
- This class will still take place at the day/time scheduled for your in-person course via an online platform, which allows your instructor to deliver the same quality content.
- Your instructor will be live and available to answer your immediate questions and engage with you, just like in a real classroom.
- This course will still be delivered within 140 hours, as described above.
Introduction to IT Concepts will be a short module to assist with gaining the basic fundamental knowledge to be successful in this program.
The CompTIA® A+ Certification course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer software and hardware to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job. You will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, and perform preventative maintenance of basic personal computer hardware and operating systems.
The CompTIA® Network+® Certification portion of the course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career
This course will prepare you for the CompTIA A+ Certification examinations (220-901 and 220-902) and CompTIA N+ examination (N10-005).
Income & Job Outlook
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for computer user support specialists was $52,810 in 2017.
Employment of computer support specialists is projected to grow 17 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. More support services will be needed as organizations upgrade their computer equipment and software and adopt more effective cybersecurity procedures.
- Basic knowledge of computing concepts, including the difference between hardware and software.
- Basic knowledge of the functions of software components, such as the operating system, applications, and file systems; and the function of a computer network.
- Browse and search for information on the Internet; start up, shut down, and log on to a computer and network; run programs.
- A good understanding of a Windows operating system, or equivalent skills and knowledge, is highly recommended.
This project received $4,000,000 (100% of its total cost) from a grant awarded under the Strengthening Working Families Initiative, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration. This is an equal opportunity program and auxiliary aids are available upon request.