Help others and quickly gain healthcare skills! Potential funding with eligibility.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is here to help you enroll in Health and Behavioral Sciences programs that will quickly prepare you for the jobs that are in demand today. We work in collaboration with Maricopa County and the City of Phoenix to determine WIOA eligibility for assistance with funding and help you start your preferred career path.
Our Health Sciences degrees and certificates are designed to give you comprehensive training for health-related work in the hospital, healthcare, or exercise and fitness settings. If you want to help people live better, safer, healthier lives, consider our Health and Behavioral Sciences programs.
What is WIOA?
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is designed to strengthen and improve our nation's public workforce system and help get Americans, including youth and those with significant barriers to employment, into high-quality jobs and careers and help employers hire and retain skilled workers. As part of this program, eligible individuals can enroll in certain training programs, including those listed below, at no cost.
Approved Health and Behavioral Sciences Programs
Participating college locations are abbreviated next to their respective programs and are offered in various modalities, including in-person, virtual/online, and hybrid.
Program Format Key: In-Person P, Virtual/Online V, Hybrid H
- Aesthetician [GWCC] P
- Basic Emergency Medical Technology [PC] P
- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder [MCOR] V
- Dental Assisting [GWCC] P V
- Dental Assisting [PC] P
- Emergency Medical Technology Preparation (CCL) [GCC] P
- Fundamentals of Administrative Medical Assisting [PC] P
- Health Unit Coordinating [GWCC] P
- Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR [MCOR] V
- Medical Billing and Coding [GWCC] P
- Medical Office Manager [MCOR] V
- Medical Transcription Editor [MCOR] V
- Nurse Assisting [GCC] P
- Nurse Assisting [MCC] H
- Nursing Assisting, CCL [GWCC] P
- Personal Trainer [CGCC] V
- Phlebotomy [GWCC] P
- Phlebotomy [PC] P