Sustainable Food Systems Scholarship Opportunity
Rio Salado College is excited to offer a $500 promotional scholarship to an individual looking to start or advance his or her career in sustainability! If you are interested in this opportunity, please review the eligible courses and scholarship requirements below, then fill out the form to submit your application. The winner will be announced on March 29 at EARTH Forward. Recipients must be present at this event to win, so register today!
Eligible courses* include:
- FON135 - Sustainable Cooking (3 credits)
- FON143 - Food and Culture (3 credits)
- FON161 - Sustainable Food Production Systems (3 credits)
- SSH111 - Sustainable Cities (3 credits)
- SLM115 - Managing Information and Communication Technologies in Senior Living Facilities
- SUS231 - Careers in Sustainability (1 credit)
- FON163 - Sustainable Kitchen Practices (3 credits)
*Courses must be taken with Rio Salado College.
- Student must be enrolled (or intend to enroll) in the Sustainable Food Systems CCL and/or AAS at Rio Salado College.
- Student must submit a 1-page essay about how they will use the knowledge gained in this certificate in their future career.
- Student must maintain a B or better average to be eligible for continued scholarship funding.
- Funds will be valid for tuition and bookstore only.
- An additional requirement for receiving a Maricopa Community College (Publicly Funded) District scholarship is that you must show Lawful Presence. Please click on the link to find out about additional information about Lawful Presence.
Scholarship nomination deadline is March 24, 2019. The winner will be announced at March 29, 2019 at EARTH Forward. Recipients must be present to win, so register today!